Why Islamic Schools?
Full-time Islamic schools in America, represents a shift towards a more comprehensive approach to education through the preservation of Islamic identity and Muslim heritage as part of its curriculum. The mission of a full-time Islamic school is to find balance through a defensive and proactive approach to education and character development.
The defensive approach shields and protects children from harmful influences that are against Islamic morals, ethics, and values. The proactive approach seeks to nurture the intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual growth of Muslim children. We hope to produce confident and competent individuals who are able to be part of the American society and contribute positively without compromising their Islamic beliefs, values, and practice.
Who We Are
- An Islamic private school, founded in 1996 by parents and community members with a vision and need for an alternative to public school.
- We strive to provide excellence in academic, religious, and character education.
- We offer a comprehensive and balanced program to enhance our students potential and skills.
- We embody a cohesive Governing Board of volunteers.
- We possess strong organizational leadership and solid infrastructure.
- We serve Muslim children and their families from all nations locally and internationally.
- We provide instruction in the following subjects: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Arabic Language, Quran, Islamic Studies, Computer, Fine Arts and Physical Education.
Environment & Culture
- A nurturing Islamic and academic environment with a Masjid on campus.
- A beautiful facility with standard amenities.
- Capacity of up to 341 students.
Certification & Accreditations
- We hire all ACA core academic teachers who are AZ-DOE certified. In order to ensure that our teachers perform at their highest potential, ACA includes a teacher certification incentive.
- An accredited Islamic school through Cognia, from Early Childhood (1-3 years old) to 12th grade since 2012 to 2024.
- In 2017, ranked #25 as Best Private High Schools in Arizona by Niche, who ranks nearly 4,000 private high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents. For more information and reviews about ACA please click here.
- Ranked #3 in 2019 Best Private School in Arizona.
- Ranked #4 of 22 in 2017 Most Diverse Private High Schools in Arizona.
- Ranked #15 of 48 in 2017 Largest Private High Schools in Arizona.
- Ranked #15 of 29 in 2017 Private High School College Readiness in Arizona.
- NCA accredited full-time Islamic school located in Phoenix, AZ. Click here to learn more about our accreditation.
- Proud member of the Arizona Muslim Alliance (AMA).
- Working Islamic environment for 56 full time and part-time well qualified staff.
- A debt-free institution.
- Our graduates have a 100% college acceptance rating of the college of their choice.
- Some of our graduates have entered college with scholarships and graduated with an Associate's Degree and allowing them to complete their Bachelor’s Degree in only 2 years.
- Our students have been accepted into ASU’s Barrett Honors College.
- 158 graduates since 2006 (15 classes).
- A 100% high school graduation rate.
- An established Umrah program for our high school students, parents, and community members.
- A steady growth in enrollment since ACA’s birth in 1996.
- An established an Athletics Program offering Boys Basketball and Girls Volleyball.
- Promote moral values in our students that are aligned with authentic teachings of mainstream Islam and create a nurturing learning environment for the faculty and students.
- Establish and maintain high standards of education as measured by national achievement tests.
- Offer students challenging curriculums to prepare them for success in pursuing higher education.
- Integrate the best Islamic and Arabic curriculums with leading national academic standards of North Central Association – Cognia organization, in a comprehensive curriculum.
- Create and nurture a culture of responsibility and self-reliance.
- Educate our students on interfaith tolerance, respect, and harmony as a means of promoting the faith and advancing Muslim interests.
- Provide positive reinforcement for the youth through sports programs, cultural and educational entertainment, and social activities.
Arizona Cultural Academy is an Islamic private Pre-K to12 grade school and college prep, with leadership that aspires to build a dream educational and cultural institution.
We hold the following truth to be self-evident: “Quality education is an Islamic mandate”
We envision ACA to be:
- A leader among Islamic schools in the country.
- Home of the best and brightest students who will mature into upright, tolerant, and law-abiding citizens, that aspire a unique, grand purpose of life, and play a leadership role in the society.
- A fast-track academic education.
- A model for learning, working, and thriving in an Islamic environment for the community at large.
- A steady institutional growth in size, stature, and performance.
- A fully integrated and diverse community.
- The recipient of major support from the community, and philanthropists who will provide ACA with long-term financial stability.
- The preferred Muslim employer in the region with capacity to recruit and retain highly qualified and effective faculty.
- A major center for youth activity, promoting positive friendship, offering a variety of programs in education, sports and entertainment for the local community.
“We are ACA. We empower our community with knowledge, spirit and service.
“My Lord, increase me in knowledge”
"وَقُلْ رَبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْما"
ACA started in 1996 and was founded by parents and community members who wanted an alternative to public school for their children. We are accredited by AdvancED since 2012-2018. We have 95 successful Alumni.
Timeline of Improvements:
- 1996 Incorporated, Non-Profit (501)(c3)
- 1999 Land donated
- 2001 Built Phase I (elementary)
- 2003 Built Phase II (high school)
- 2004 NCA AdvancED accreditation
- 2006 First senior class graduation
- 2009 Built Phase III (MYCA youth center)
- 2010 First senior class with an Associate’s Degree
- 2011 Daycare facility and MYCA parking
- 2012 August, Islamic Daycare License
- 2013 Starter school counseling & character education program
- 2015 Completion of Phase IV
- 2016 Launched 2020 improvement plan
- 2017 Coming soon
- 2018 Coming soon
- 2019 Coming soon