Why Islamic Schools?
Full-time Islamic schools are the most recent phenomenon of the Islamic education movement in America. They represent a shift towards a more comprehensive approach by preserving Islamic identity and Muslim heritage for the community at large and for the children in particular. The mission of full-time Islamic schools can be thought of along two tracks: defensive and proactive. The defensive line strives to shield and protect the children from any harmful influences that are against Islamic morals and ethics. The proactive line seeks to nurture the intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual growth of Muslim children with the hope of producing confident, competent individuals who will be able to go outinto American society and contribute positively without compromising their Islamic beliefs and/or practices.
All ACA core academic teachers are AZ-DOE certified. In order to ensure that our teachers perform at the top of their potential, the Arizona Cultural Academy has included in its budget a teacher certification incentive.
Who We Are
- Islamic private school founded in 1996 by parents and community members who had a vision and need for an alternative to public school.
- Strive to provide excellence in academic, religious, and behavioral education.
- Offers a comprehensive and balanced program to enhance our students potential and skills.
- Cohesive Governing Board of volunteers.
- Strong organizational leadership & Infrastructure and clear flow of authority.
- Serves Muslim children and their families from any part of the nation and from overseas.
- Provides instruction in the following subjects: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Arabic Language, Quran, Islamic Studies, Computer, Fine Arts and Physical Education.
- Accredited Islamic school through AdvancEd, from Early Montessori (1-3 years old) to 12th grade.
- Recognized as #25 in 2017 Best Private High Schools in Arizona by Niche which ranks nearly 4,000 private high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents. For more information and reviews about ACA please click here.
- Ranked #4 of 22 in 2017 Most Diverse Private High Schools in Arizona
- Ranked #15 of 48 in 2017 Largest Private High Schools in Arizona
- Ranked #15 of 29 in 2017 Private High School College Readiness in Arizona
- NCA accredited full-time Islamic school located in Phoenix, AZ. Click here to learn more about our accreditation.
- Proud member of Arizona Muslim Alliance (AMA).
- Cohesive Governing Board of volunteers
- Strong organizational leadership & Infrastructure and clear flow of authority
- Working Islamic environment for 56 full time and part time well qualified staff
- Debt free institution
Environment & Culture
- True Islamic environment with Masjid on campus.
- Beautiful facility with standard amenities
- Nurturing Islamic and academic environment for 341 students
- Our graduates have a 100% college acceptance rate and have entered the college of their choice.
- Most students have entered college with scholarships and some have graduated with Associate's Degree (i.e. may only need 2 years to get their Bachelor's Degree), and accepted into ASU Barrett Honors College.
- 15 Seniors made the Class of 2016 and 16 for Class of 2017
- 100% high school graduation rate
- Established Umrah program for our high school
- Steady growth since ACA’s birth in 2001
- Established an Athletics Program
To promote moral values based on the authentic teachings of mainstream Islam and create a nurturing and learning environment for the faculty and students
To promote high standards of education as measured by national achievement tests.
To offer students challenging curriculums, to prepare them for college success
To integrate the best Islamic, Arabic, curriculums with leading national academic standards of North Central Association – AdvancED organization, in a comprehensive curriculum.
To promote a culture of responsibility and self-reliance.
To teach interfaith tolerance, respect, harmony and reject violence as means of promoting the faith or advancing Muslims interest.
To provide positive reinforcement for the youth through healthy sports, entertainment and social activities.
Arizona Cultural Academy is an Islamic private prek-12 school and college prep, with leadership that aspires to build a dream educational and cultural institution.
We hold the following truth to be self-evident: “Quality education is an Islamic mandate”
We envision our ACA to be:
A leader among Islamic schools in the country
Home for the best and brightest students, each of whom will mature into upright, tolerant and law-abiding citizen, who will aspire a unique, grand purpose of life, and play a leadership role in society
A model for a fast track academic education
A model for learning, working and thriving in an Islamic environment for the community at large
A model for steady institutional growth in size, stature and performance
A model for fully integrated, diverse community
The recipient of major support from the community in general, and philanthropists in particular, who will provide ACA with long term financial stability
The preferred Muslim employer in the region, with capacity to recruit and retain highly qualified, and effective faculty
A major center for youth activity, promoting positive friendship, offering a variety of programs in education, sports and entertainment for the local community
“We are ACA. We empower our community with knowledge, spirit and service.
“My Lord, increase me in knowledge”
"وَقُلْ رَبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْما"
ACA started in 1996 and was founded by parents and community members who wanted an alternative to public school for their children. We are accredited by AdvancED since 2012-2018. We have 95 successful Alumni.
Timeline of Improvements:
- 1996 Incorporated, Non-Profit (501)(c3)
- 1999 Land donated
- 2001 Built Phase I (elementary)
- 2003 Built Phase II (high school)
- 2004 NCA AdvancED accreditation
- 2006 First senior class graduation
- 2009 Built Phase III (MYCA youth center)
- 2010 First senior class with an Associate’s Degree
- 2011 Daycare facility and MYCA parking
- 2012 August, Islamic Daycare License
- 2013 Starter school counseling & character education program
- 2015 Completion of Phase IV
- 2016 Launched 2020 improvement plan